Congratulations and thank you to all VTPP faculty who have submitted grants this month. Please keep up these efforts. VTPP needs all grant submissions to continue to increase! Also, ALL faculty are encouraged to utilize the VTPP grant biopsy strategy where sections (or major chunks) of grants in preparation and/or revision are read and critiques by our experienced VTPP research-intensive faculty. This is a proven successful strategy that I encourage everyone to utilize.
- Congratulations to Dr. Guichun Han, PI on the submission of an NIH R01 grant application entitled “Crosstalk of estrogen receptors and eNOS uncoupling in aging”
- Congratulations to Dr. Ivan Ivanov, Co-I on an NIH R01 grant resubmission entitled “Texas A&M Center for Environmental Health Research”
- Congratulations to Dr. Mike Golding, PI on the submission of an NIH R01 grant resubmission entitled “Heritable epigenetic effects on paternal alcohol use on FASD phenotypes”
- Congratulations to Dr. Ivan Ivanov, Co-I on an NIH R01 grant submission entitled “Mediterranean Diet and Weight Loss: Targeting the Bile Acid/Gut Microbiome Axis to Reduce Colon Cancer Risk”
- Congratulations to Dr. Mahsa Zarei, PI on the submission of Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) grant application entitled “Targeting pancreatic cancer’s metabolic addiction to nuclear receptor Nurr1”