VTPP Students & Trainees September 2018
- VTPP Graduate students are again reminded to identify a potential VTPP Seminar speaker. VTPP will support a visitor that VTPP graduate students will host during their visit to College Station. Please let Dr. Clement and I know of your plan and who you would like to invite!
- Please congratulate Cassie Skenandore (and her mentor Dr. Long) on Cassie’s successful completion of her PhD preliminary exam. With continued effort, more research, a bit of luck and lots of hard work, the PhD is next!
- VTPP has a closed group Facebook page (Dr Suva webmaster). Please access the page through your own Facebook site and request permission to join the group if interested in joining. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1908865602723543/
- Congratulations to Connor Dolan on another whirlwind experience at the molecular and cellular basis of regeneration and tissue repair EMBO meeting in Malta. His presentation entitled “Mouse digit tip regeneration is nerve-independent” was of course very well received!
- Dr Rihanna Bokhari (post doc, Dr. Suva Lab), Dr. Suva as well as Dr. Lindsay Dawson and Dr. Ken Muneoka will be attending and presenting at the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR) 2018 Annual Meeting in Montreal (September 28-October 1)
- Colleagues, please make sure that the VTPP office and DH are in the loop regarding confirmation of scheduling for all VTPP student defenses. As DH I remain dedicated to attending all VTPP faculty graduate student defenses, but I cannot do this without knowing the time and date for VTPP student defenses